Dear Knife

Dear Knife,
Infinite pain
Build up deep inside
I have to let these feelings out
But who can I confide?
Dark silver blade
The only one I trust
The one I turn to
When life becomes too much

Dear Knife,
A babbling brook red and warm
From lies, hate, and betrayal thick and strong
Trickling down my arm
A dirty little secret they call self harm
Dear Knife,
Long black sleeves
To cover my pain
To hide my shame
To cover my grief
And hide my relief
That’s what you did for me
Dear Knife,
I thought you were my friend
Oh how I was wrong
You ruined my life
With a body covered in scars
You beg me to use you
But I now I’m done
Done with the hurting…and disappointing
Done with a dirty little secret they call self harm
But oh beloved knife, I know I bide you gone
I still always think of you
Through the dark rainy nights all so long
I guess I’ll always love you even though you did me wrong
You evil damned little thing…I use to know as self harm

0 comments:

Post a Comment